Children & Youth Ministry at St. Paul's
We begin our work with Ministry Architects, a nationally prominent church consulting firm, on Sunday, June 24, with a comprehensive Ministry Assessment of all of our programs for children from birth through high school. This is the first step in a 12- to 18-month “renovation” project, leading to healthy sustainable ministries, and culminating with a search for a professional Christian educator to join our staff. Your participation in the Ministry Assessment is essential! You have six different opportunities to participate in “Listening Sessions’ with our consultants (see schedule below), and all are invited—whether or not you attend a Listening Session—to hear the consultants’ report and proposal on Tuesday, June 26, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.in the parish hall.
• Sunday, June 24, 11:30 – 12:45, in the parish hall. This session provides an opportunity for anyone to participate, especially parishioners who are not closely connected to children and youth ministries. Childcare provided. We anticipate that this will be the largest session, with the least opportunity for individual input. Parishioners with more than a general interest are encouraged to choose one of the more focused groups.
• Sunday, June 24, 2:30 – 3:45, in the lounge. Especially for parents of children younger than 1st grade. Childcare provided.
• Sunday, June 24, 4:00 – 5:15 in the lounge. Especially for parents of children in grades 1-6. Childcare provided.
• Sunday, June 24, 6:00 – 7:30. Two sessions: Youth in grades 7-12 will meet with one consultant in the blue room; parents of youth (grades 7-12) will meet simultaneously with the other consultant in the lounge. Pizza dinner provided.
• Monday, June 25, 12:00 – 1:15 in the lounge. Away for the weekend? You haven't missed your chance! Box lunch provided with RSVP.
Although some of the sessions focus on particular groups, you are encouraged to attend any session that fits your schedule.
St. Paul’s Annual Parish Weekend at Shrine Mont: July 13-15
is the spectacular 1,100-acre mountain retreat center of the Diocese of Virginia, 90 minutes from Charlottesville in Orkney Springs, Virginia. St. Paul's weekend includes time for individual and group activities like hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, tennis, and our annual kickball extravaganza, as well as ample opportunity for inactivity, like napping, reading, or just sitting on the porch.
Our Shrine Mont weekend is July 13-15. Click here to sign up.
We have a limited number of rooms available to us for our retreat this year, so sign up soon!
Children 18 and under - FREE
Adults in double rooms - $150 each
Adults in single rooms - $200 each
The registration deadline is Friday, June 29. All costs shown are per person for the entire weekend and include all meals. Payment plans and financial assistance are available.