Vestry News for February, 2016
Highlights of the February 16 meeting of the Vestry
- The Vestry approved the Parochial Report for 2015 to be submitted to the national church.
- The Vestry approved the ordering of twenty-four chairs for the Chapel. Twenty-two of these have already been purchased as memorials by parishioners, and it is anticipated that two more will be purchased.
- The Vestry approved the temporary removal of the pews, organ and carpeting from the main floor of the Chapel in order to have the floor refinished shortly before the arrival of the chairs this summer. The work should take less than a week.
- Plans are moving forward for the installation this summer of a wheelchair lift in the hallway near the sacristy. The lift will facilitate wheelchair access to the sanctuary and the restrooms.
- Junior Warden Peter Dennison will be working with John Reid and the Rev. Neal Goldsborough on formalizing a planned giving program for St. Paul’s.
- Associate Rector Elaine Thomas reported that ten adults are receiving confirmation instruction in preparation for confirmation or reception by Bishop Susan Goff on Easter Eve.
- Koinonia is co-sponsoring three events featuring Lutheran pastor Nadia Bolz-Weber on March 18-19.
- The Vestry has been notified by the Trustees of the Funds (of the churches and other Episcopal institutions in Virginia) that we will benefit by receiving an annual income in perpetuity from our share in an extraordinary bequest by Clarence Robinson.
- Vestry members renewed their commitment to serving as Sunday morning “officers of the day.” This involves an early arrival to inspect the grounds and restrooms, make a first batch of coffee, set up Joyful Noise, and most importantly, be present to meet and talk with parishioners and visitors.
The complete minutes and the financial reports will be posted in the parish hall. The next meeting of the Vestry is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15.
Vestry Minutes for January 2016 PDF file
Vestry Agenda for February 16, 2015 PDF file
Financial - Balance Sheet for December 2015 PDF file
Financial - Dedicated Funds for December 2015 PDF file
Financial - Income and Expenses for December 2015 PDF file