Practice radical welcome! We are seeing a lot of new faces these days at St. Paul's, and we hope that will continue now that our new rector has arrived. There are many ways to help a visitor feel welcome:
- Say hello!
- Invite them to coffee hour.
- Help them navigate the hymnal or our Eucharistic ritual.
- If there are children, suggest that they join the kids up front.
- Encourage them to fill out a pew card.
- Introduce them to the clergy after the service.
- Suggest that they come to Adult Forum or Godly Play.
- Introduce them to someone in their peer group.
- Show them where the nursery is (or the bathrooms!).
We're all partners in ministry, so keep an eye out for newcomers and help welcome them into this community!